Friday, March 28, 2014

#87/365--Painful Process

...there really just aren't words...

I get a text
...from my daughter...
telling me to have
...patience...
with our dog, Sandy

...initially...
I thought she meant
because it had stormed
...and...
Sandy is just a nervous dog

...every time it storms...
we are used to
finding
...treasures...
by the back door

...but...
it hadn't really stormed

When I got home
I found

...this does nothing...
to relay the extent
of
...trauma...
that happened at my home
...today...

I had a malfunctioning
...smoke detector...
(maybe you get the irony in that?)
...it was beeping...
non-stop
which
...in turn...
freaked my
psycho-nervous dog
...out...

My friends...
when I say there was blood
...everywhere...
I mean not just
...what you see in the picture...
but
...everywhere...
and also
...fecal matter...
...poop...
...crap...

...that my poor girl...
-- in her frenzy --
had stepped in
and tracked
all over
...in addition to...
the now dried
...puddle...
of pee
(insert your own version of smell)

We
...that is to say...
Sandy and I
are
exhausted


After taking two hours
...to clean downstairs...
(wood floors, 4 windows, 4 windowsills, 
kitchen tile, garage door, entryway door,
back door, entryway tile, guest bathroom --- 
---you get it....the ENTIRE downstairs)

...and take down the completely destroyed...
...3rd set of blinds I have owned...
(all thanks to Sandy)

...and after my friend, Tara...
bathed Sandy
...who, at this point...
looked like a wild mutt

We trekked to Home Depot
...to purchase new blinds...
only to find out
...that even tho we measured...
we got the wrong size

Time to let it go
...for tonight...
and
try again
...tomorrow...

Thanks, Tara,
for coming to help!!
Sandy loves you!
...and so do I...

No comments:

Post a Comment