Wednesday, May 21, 2014

#139/365--Seventeen

I know, I know.
It happens every year
...on this day...
and every year
I say the
...same thing...
where did the time go
how did I get a ___-year-old
I can't believe my child is this old
etc, etc

Honestly.
How does it go by so quickly?
One day she's this:
...the next...
she's this:
...and we are taking...
...failed selfies...
...next thing you know...
she will be graduating
(next year)
and going to college
and getting married
and having her own kids

You moms know what I'm talking about
that
...bittersweet...
feeling
...so proud...
yet
...so sad...
and
...so humbled...
and
...so blessed...
My girl.

I'm her mom...true...
but...
...more than that...
I think
we are transitioning
into
...friends...
and I like that.
My SweetGirl.
My Lollipop.
My Lauren
...all of seventeen...






No comments:

Post a Comment