Friday, July 25, 2014

#206/365--My Dad: In Memoriam

I sat
on my bed
...this morning...
looking through
old pictures
...remembering...
me, wearing my dad's glasses
...of course, I don't remember this...
but
it reminds me of how much
I adored my daddy

...how much my dad loved to bowl...
He 
...almost went Pro...
...bowled in weekly leagues...
...took our family bowling a lot...
...bowled in a couple of Father-Daughter
tournaments with me...
...has bowled a perfect game...


...how much he loved my mom...
...and how much she loved(s) him...

...his fashion sense...
...that my brother and I...
continuously
found
...hilarious...
and unbeknownst (but really, known-st) to him
we would (lovingly) make fun



...his service in the Air Force...


...his love of constructing...
so many projects
(that's a dollhouse for Lauren
when she was 4)

And
...my heart...

(even tho it's blurry)
...he adored his grands...
he could always be found
playing with them
teasing them
squeezing them
....loving them...

Happy Birthday, Dad.
I miss you.



No comments:

Post a Comment