Wednesday, December 24, 2014

#359/365--Christmas Break, Day 3

Fifteen years.
Fif. Teen. Years.
This means
high school
...and...
Driver's Ed

...it means...
I don't know
what to get you
...for Christmas...

...it means...
you are taller than me
and
stronger
and
you don't really
...need me...
anymore

...but...
you still like
...birthday donuts...
and
you are still
...my CutiePie...

I'm thankful for
...antibiotics...
and
...basketball goals...
for giving us
...mommy-son time...
which
...doesn't happen...
very often
anymore

I'm thankful
God
made me
your
mom
and
I'm thankful
for
a few more years
before
...you leave the nest...

Happy Birthday
to
my
Fifteen year old
Christmas Present
...my wild thing...
my
"Max"
(and in case you don't get that reference...
...click here...


No comments:

Post a Comment