Friday, January 1, 2016

#365/365--New Year's Eve

A day of reflection
on
...2015...
a year
that was filled with
change
...as most years are...

This one
seemed more difficult
because
my family
went thru
some
...growing pains...

2015
took us through
some dark times

a change in living circumstances
teenage angst 
graduation
moving to college
financial straits

and

when you are
parenting alone
you often wonder
if you've done it
...right...
if
the mistakes will
...outweigh...
the good
...or...
if
you've been able to
transfer
the
character
integrity
faith
that you so much
hope to infuse
into them

but

I have seen so much
growth
and
maturity
and
responsibility
in my kids
(and in myself)

changes
are
a hard
but
necessary part
...of life...

It's important to keep sight
of
where you've been
so you learn from
the mistakes
and
grow
and
hold fast to
the little moments
and
cherish the
...good times...

I love my little family
my precious littles
that
aren't my littles
but
will always be
my littles

and

I've enjoyed seeing
...the fruit...
of parenting
through a tough season

it's taught me to
...hold fast...
and
...press on...
...keep the faith...
and
...don't be afraid to
get down on your knees
in prayer
for your kids...


May
2016
bring us more
learning
growing
changing
praying
trusting
believing
loving
family-ing
Joy

Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment