Wednesday, May 10, 2017

One Sixteen/Three Sixty Five

Today
As I backed out
of the driveway
I realized I needed to move
the trash cans
from behind
Mikey's car

I turned my car off
moved the cans
ran back into the house
and then
as I got ready to leave
my car wouldn't start
so
I pushed it
as far off the road
as I could
and texted Sarah
for a ride

When she arrived
we both decided
that we should push it more
into my
neighbor's driveway
and out of the road
(I should add here that
pushing it back into my driveway
at this point
would be ridiculous
because
my driveway is at an incline)

And
in addition to this
I had no neighbors that
I knew of
The old neighbors
had just moved out
Mind you,
I had seen people
a couple of times
so
I left a note
on the windshield of my car
it said
"Battery died--Will fix
this afternoon"

I got home
to
my car
having been towed

I guess today was the day
my new neighbors were
moving in
and
although
I hadn't blocked his entire driveway
the fact that
I hadn't
"left my number"
was cause for
towing
because
I
"can't park in his driveway"

My neighbor and I
had
"words"
I asked what it would have mattered
if I had left my number?
The car wouldn't start
AND I WAS AT SCHOOL

no matter

Long story short:
It cost me
$294.30
to get my car out of the impound lot
and
since the battery was dead
I had to have it towed
to a repair shop

where it sat all weekend
and later
I found out
that
indeed
it was
JUST
the battery
but
it cost me $188
for service
(and battery)

Something that
had I been allowed 
to take care of it
myself
would have cost me
MAYBE
$100
ended up
costing me
nearly
$500

Surely
God has a purpose
for this
and also
Welcome to the Neighborhood
JackWagons

 We were at the
towing lot
from 4:50
until 7:00




The guy
who towed
my car from
towing lot
to
repair shop
was
amazing
(I used my
roadside assistance)

I have replayed
the entire
events
over and over
in my mind
and
I do not know
how I could
or would
have handled things
differently

I have since
gone
over
and welcomed
new neighbor

maybe
one day
he will
feel bad
for
causing me such grief

but
until then
I guess
I'll just
show him
what
a fabulous neighbor
I am



No comments:

Post a Comment