Saturday, June 15, 2013

#166/365--Diagnosis

...continuation from post #164 & #165...
...so...
the OTC gas meds
that my PCP
"prescribed"
didn't work...

--and--

the muscle relaxer, heating pad, and essential oils
that
I
"prescribed"
didn't work...

I awoke
this morning
after being awake
yet again
most of the night
with
...severe...
...sharp...
...stabbing...
pain
in my lower right abdomen
I decided to go to the ER.
...where they...
...took blood...
and other stuff
...and...
did an
...ultrasound...

...final outcome...
a diagnosis
that 
is
not
gas
but
"Mesenteric Adenitis"
...which, when googled...
...is explained as...
...so....
to my PCP
who ordered
me to take
"simethicone"
...thanks...
...for your deep concern...
I realize that
(Thank God)
this isn't anything serious
but
I was in pain
not just
GAS PAIN.
And I so much appreciate you
staying on top of it 
and following thru
to an actual diagnosis.

No, really.
Thanks for blowing me off.
The ER doctor
was much more concerned.
He actually got more tests run
because he could tell that I was
...in fact...
in a lot of pain.

And...the ER doctor
...explained...
what was going on
inside of me.
...and what I should expect...
...over the next few days...
He didn't just stop 
at a 
"perfectly healthy"
CT scan.
Thank you, ER guy.
Sincerely.

1 comment: