Sunday, September 29, 2013

#271/365--GNO

...we took our friend, Jen...
...out...
...for her birthday...
...to McKinney Avenue Tavern...
...Big Al's Bar...
...in Dallas...
...to see Big Al...
...express our condolences to him...
...remember Kidd Kraddick...
and also
...for some karaoke fun...

...some things I learned...
...about...
-- Dallas-ites --

First.
...there are some really tall people in Dallas...
...and also...

Second,
I am intolerant
of people
who think
they are better
than me.

Dear Pink Sunglasses Boy,
I was not smiling at you because I thought you were hot.  Quite the contrary.  I felt sorry for you because you were too drunk to realize how idiotic you looked when you kept getting onstage with every young girl and how it appeared that you (to put it nicely) think very highly of yourself....when you ought not.  You needn't give me that look of disgust...save it for yourself.  Because in the real world, I wouldn't give you the time of day either.  Smug, arrogant children are just not my type.

Dear Tall Gray Sweater Girl,
When someone says, "excuse me," it means move out of the way.  I have to apologize because maybe you didn't hear me since you were extremely, much, way taller than me.  
Maybe you thought I said, "look at me crazy" because it was loud and "crazy" has the same ending sound as "me" so perhaps that's why you gave me that look?
So, I will let it go.  This time.

Third.
Apparently, Run D.M.C. can be upstaged
...by...
a 21-year-old
drunk
...twerking...
girl.

...who invented twerking, anyway...
...it looks like...
your butt
is having a seizure?
Please.  Stop.
Because...
It's tricky to rock a rhyme...
especially with you
trying to steal
...the show...

But really,
the final thing I learned

...is what's really important...

I can have fun with my girls
-- in spite of --
 taller
meaner
drunker
crazier
people

...because...
In the famous words of 
...Kidd Kraddick...
"Keep looking up...'cause that's where it all is."
RIP, Kidd.
You were one wise dude.




1 comment:

  1. Glad it was a good time despite the crazy. Kidd... :( good man - RIP

    ReplyDelete