Sunday, December 8, 2013

#342/365--Out and About

...the temperatures got above freezing today...
...for a short time...
...but it was enough...
...and...
I
was able
to get
...out and about...

but first

...my windshield...
...needed scraping...
...that ice was nearly an inch thick!
 ...and there it is...
...all crashed in front of my van...
 ...and here...
...you see the sun...
...trying to heat it's way through...
 ...this is the part of my outing...
...where the ice on top of my van...
...came crashing down onto...
...my windshield...
...luckily I was almost home...
 ...and this...
...is what I had for dinner...
...overall...
being iced in
is not a bad thing.
And
I won't 
stop wishing
for snow days
and
ice days
because
I think
it brings out
the joy of
...a child...
...in our hearts...
not to mention
how beautiful it is

...instead of...
...complaining...
about being couped up inside
allow the
"Icepocalypse"
to remind you
of all you have
to be thankful for
...especially...
for the
...shared moments...
that you wouldn't normally have

I find
that
 I am thankful for
shelter, warmth, clothing, blankets

I am thankful for
my children's
laughter
and
time spent
with them

I am thankful
for extra hours
of forced
downtime
catching up on reading
and movies
and sleep

I am thankful
that I did not lose power

I am thankful
that I did go to the grocery store

I am just thankful
...and hopeful...
that this
will be
a
...White Winter...

No comments:

Post a Comment