Sunday, August 17, 2014

#226/365--New Beginnings

This year
...I'm embarking on...
a personal journey
 
I made a choice
 
to leave my comfort zone
to leave the primary grades
to leave some of
my best teacher friends
 
to
move up to 4th grade
...in order to...
teach something I love
 
...writing...
 
And let's be real.
I am far from good
...at this craft...
 
but
 
the bottom line is
...I love it...
I love tapping out my thoughts
on blog
or paper
I love
backspacing
erasing
editing
wording
grammar-ing
rereading
rewording
more backspacing
and erasing
and creating
 
and
...more importantly...
I love to see kids
pouring out their souls
their ideas
thoughts
moments
stories
experiences
joys
sorrows
poems
 
...discovering themselves...
through this
...art-form...
and
...developing a love for it...
 
To say that I'm excited
is
an understatement
but also
I'm anxious
nervous
...a little scared...
 
because
...well...
first things first
 ...I have to turn this...
...into a workable space...
for
older kids
 
...and I'm not used to...
older kids
(except my own --
which might explain my anxiety?)
 
Here's to
New Beginnings
New Challenges
New Creativity
New People
New Opportunites
...here's to...
...the new school year...
 
 


1 comment: