Tuesday, November 11, 2014

#314/365--This Girl I Know

I made her
...favorite dinner tonight...
to
surprise her
when she got off work
(It's Shepherd's Pie)

...but...
no sooner
had she
walked in
the
door
when
right behind her
came
...a visitor...
to which we
gave a
...warm welcome...
by
screaming
yelling
panicking
freaking out
climbing on furniture
going berserk
nearly losing it
until
we cornered him
and
showered him
with
...Raid...

He
...staggered...
slipped
lurched
teetered
tottered
and
went
belly-up
...legs askew...

then
we
...very carefully...
shimmied
him
onto
a paper sack

(a brief
...last attempt at life...
jerking movement
by
said visitor
had us
nearly panicked
all over again)

but
soon
he
was
on
...his way out...
via
...trash bag...

...and this girl I know...
she's my hero
and
I'm thankful for her!



1 comment:

  1. What a nice mama. But, really, this spider thing is out of hand! ;)

    ReplyDelete