Wednesday, November 26, 2014

#330/365--Pictures

My mom
is here!!

...she took us to dinner...
tonight

My kids asked me
...why...
I take so many pictures
They have heard
...that...
...someone....
...somewhere...
is quoted as saying
that you
supposedly
remember things more
when you don't take pictures
...that you are...
"more present in the moment"
but
...how does that even make sense?

Hasn't that person ever heard
...a picture is worth...
a thousand words??

For me
...pictures capture the memories...
of the times we spend
...together...

...and I want these memories...
because
in the blink of an eye
people we care about
...are taken from our lives...
much much much
too soon
...and then...
those pictures

...while not meant to...
...replace...
a memory

do
aid our memories

and
that
is why
I take so many
...pictures...


1 comment:

  1. And that makes a lot of sense. I like pictures, too. Your Mom is looking good!

    ReplyDelete