Sunday, October 18, 2015

#284/365--My Friend, Sarah

It was October 11,
my friend
...Sarah's...
birthday
and
I
missed it
...sort of...
There was a time when
our kids were younger
and
we had
...lots of time...
to
go out

hang out

enjoy happy hour

chill at Ranger games

but
as is
true of life
...it happens...
and
circumstances
that are beyond your
...control...
sort of
take over
and
we don't get to see each other
as often

however
our friendship
is one
that surpasses
time
and
is not dependent upon
how much of it
we spend together

and

when
we finally
get to hang out
...on those rare occasions...
it feels as though
nothing
has changed

My friend, Sarah
thoughtful
giving
heartful
creative
hard-working
observant
selfless
listener

Sarah,

You are more dear to me
than you know.

Your friendship means
the world to me
and the memories
we have created,
the bonds
we have formed,
the journey
we have walked,
will forever
hold a special place
in my heart.

I hope this year
is filled with
everything
you deserve;
that
all your hopes
and dreams
and wishes
are fulfilled!

Happy Birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment