Monday, November 2, 2015

#306/365--Thankfulness, Day Two

Today
I am thankful for
my home.

Nearly 3 years ago,
on Christmas Eve
our family was
awakened
a little after midnight
to


...and today...
in the fogginess


I am thankful for
a solid roof
over our heads
and the
crazy 7 months
that we were displaced
because of this fire

...during this...
frustrating
experience
...I learned...
to lean on others
to trust God
to fight for our home
to send persistent emails
and
make insistent phone calls

I learned not to say
"How bad could it get?"
and to laugh
when the bottom fell out
(or the roof caved in)
time and time again

I learned how to repair a toilet
and
how to defend myself in court
and
when I thought it would never end
...it finally did...

we persevered
...the kids and me...
and today
I am grateful for
...my home...


No comments:

Post a Comment