Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Seventy Four/Three Sixty Five

03.15.17
Catching up on the Blog
because
even though
I decided
to take things
one day at a time
those days
still
slip away
quickly and quietly
I had struggled with
giving this up

there has been
a lot
recently
that
I've surrendered to
that monster, Time.

I haven't read a single book
since August

I haven't really kept up with
my journal

I haven't kept up with this site
since New Year's

I've barely kept up with
life

I guess
it's just
the season
I'm in
right now

That
"age"
where
your kids
aren't
"littles"
and
they don't need you
or
want you
as much

but
you still try to
keep up with them
and
you are still their
main
source
of
income

which
is both
excruciatingly painful
and
anxiously exciting

and

You aren't as
young
and
hip
and
cool
as you used to be

you can't stay up late
yet
it wears you out
to be up
early

Your job
is both
fulfilling
and
exhausting
and
you're so ready
but not ready
to retire

Your body
is going through
changes
that are
worse
than
puberty
and
it's
succumbing to
gravity
in the worst
ways

Some days
you are
overcome with
emotions
and other days
are
normal

I find myself
missing
my old self
and
trying to like
who I currently am
trying to figure out
who I've become
and remember
who I once was

Life, man.

It wears you out.

But, man, is it worth it.

One day at a time.
#SpringBreak
#BlogCatchUp
#SpringCleaningMaybe
#ReadABookMaybe
#Netflix




No comments:

Post a Comment