Wednesday, May 23, 2012

#144/366--Change

I work with some amazing people.
I have taught Kindergarten (and some PreK) for 17 years.
(I sure don't feel that old.)
I've taught with my friend, Joanne, for 7 of those years.
We've seen our share of good times,
laughs, peculiar children, hard times, change.
Recently, I found out that I, 
along with my other good friend, Jennifer,
will be moving up to teach 2nd grade next year.
More change.
Hard change.
You see, Kindergarten is my heart.  I love those babies.
And working with people like this:
...makes that change all the more difficult.
I love these girls.  So very much.
Our friendships have grown, stretched, and even faced 
some stormy weather.  
They have seen me at my best...
...and they have seen me a mess.
And they still love me.
And, for that, I love them.


Joanne got us all a gift today--a piece of the letter 'K'--
for "Kindergarten."
Because when you put us all together,
we make one of the best Kindergarten teams around: 
(yes, I glued my piece down backward--but that's what I mean...
these girls know that's just me.  Backward.  And they still love me.)

I am anxious about the upcoming year.
I know God is in control.
I know He will work this out for His Glory.
But that doesn't erase the emotion I feel.


In the words of Stevie Nicks, "Changes,": 
"oh mirror in the sky
what is love
can the child within my heart rise above
can I sail through the changing ocean tides
can I handle the seasons of my life...

Well I've been afraid of changing
'cause I've built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
children get older
and I'm getting older too..."

I will miss teaching with you guys.
I am SUPER thankful that Jen is moving up with me.

Please know that I am leaving
a piece of my heart behind.
I love you girls.



1 comment:

  1. Scary. Exciting? Heartbreaking. What a big, hard change this will be for all of you. Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete