Sunday, July 15, 2012

#197/366--Camp

I should have entitled this entry, "Letting Go."
This is Michael's first
away-from-home,
week-long
camp.

I know, I know.
He's 12 and it's his 
FIRST camp?!?

Here is the back of his head
...as they are walking off...
to begin their week.
I couldn't be THAT mom...
...the one taking all the pics...
...but...
I was the mom
that gave her son
a big kiss and
"I love you."
(While Lauren asks,
in her sarcastic teenage tone,
"Are you CRYING?!")

I rolled my watery eyes at her
...and took her to dinner...
There's no explaining
a mother's love
to someone
who is not
a mother.
One day she will understand.

She doesn't realize...
...that I get teary-eyed...
...every time...
I have to let them go.

It's bittersweet
watching
my little birds
learn
how to fly.

1 comment: