Wednesday, July 25, 2012

#207/366--Random Thoughts

I have this mirror...
...it's the kind that you connect to the wall...
...it has a regular-view side...
...and a magnified side...
...it lights up...
...usually, I sit on the floor...
...plug it in...
...and, using the magnification side...
...I pluck my eyebrows...

Today, I had a random string
of thoughts
that led
to me realizing I need to pluck my eyebrows.

Oddly, I thought of my mirror,
wishing it were mounted on the wall
in my bathroom.

As I was going through this random
string of thoughts,
I said to myself,
very seriously,
"Oh, Dad can mount that mirror
the next time he comes..."

Well, of course, I realized 
after I thought this thought
that, in fact, no
my dad can't do that.

I wonder how normal that is?
My dad has been gone now
for 5 and a half years.
And, still, I get these random thoughts.

Thoughts about calling him 
to tell him something...

Thoughts about emailing
something to him...

Thoughts about the next time
he visits...

Is it like that "missing limb" syndrome...
...when you lose a limb...
supposedly your body 
gets "phantom" pain
where your limb
used to be?

I don't really know what is normal
in the grieving process
and what's not.

Today would have been my dad's 
74th birthday.
Maybe he was just on my mind 
extra today...
Maybe he was thinking about me too.


1 comment: