Friday, July 19, 2013

#199/365--Rocks

When my kiddos were little, 
they would bring me
 "presents"

...as little kids do...

...things they had found...

I remember
...once...
Michael brought
...a rock...
to me

I remember
...making a big deal...
saying how precious it was
and
"how did you know I collect rocks?"
and
"rocks are my favorite thing!"

That began
my
...rock collection...

Almost daily,
my kids
began to bring me
...rocks...
of all

sizes
shapes
colors

Most of them
...I kept...
in a candle holder
...but...
after the fire
...when they took everything...
((to restore))
I thought for sure
they would
...get rid of...
my rocks
but
to my great surprise
...I found these...
...wrapped in tissue...
...packed...
...in one of the many boxes...

...it's the little things...
...treasures...
...memories...
that bring me
...joy...

1 comment: