Tuesday, July 5, 2016

#184/366--Snakes and Siblings and Source

A snake
that crossed my path
while I
was running

...Siblings...
that once in awhile
really do
love each other

and
...the Source...
...of my being...
my mother
this is her
imitating me
always sticking my tongue out
in photos

Today was
her birthday
and
she's not only
the source that
gave me life

she's the source
of
our laughter
our new vacuum cleaner
the roots of our faith
our role model
for
doing things for others

my beautiful
Mom
who's been through
so very much
in her life
and
has
wisdom
and
know how
and
gumption
that I can
only dream of having

I catch myself
sometimes
behaving
like
an insolent teenager
when she is here
tired
sullen
snappy
lazy

and
I feel regret for that
the moment she leaves
because
I love my mommy.
And I know that
when she is
...once again...
reunited with my dad
I will
miss her
with the same
longing
that
I miss my dad.

Happy Birthday, Mom
from your
44 year old Teenager

No comments:

Post a Comment