Sunday, December 25, 2016

#360/366--7

Y'all.
For real.
17.
It's unreal.
In my mind...
I'm still
25
and
my kids
are still
...babies...

But.
No.
He really
did
turn
17
and
nothing
stopped it
or
slowed
it
down
I know, right?
How'd that happen??

This kid.
He's matured so much.
He's like a grown man.
His grades matter to him.
His relationships matter to him.
He has a job.
He's acting responsibly.
He's learning to drive.
He still comes up
with the most
perceptive
thoughts
and
he's
incredibly
hilarious
(( even if...
it's
incredibly
inappropriate
which
...being 17...
most of the time
inappropriate
is
his
middle name ))

We
traditionally
start his birthday
with
donuts 

Later on,
we did gifts
and
...not surprisingly...
the gifts
from
the girlfriend
got more smiles 



...then...
we went to see
a movie

it
just
goes
way
too
fast
and
each
day
they
are
one step closer
to
flying
from my nest
and
some days
I'm ready for that
 but
most days
I just wanna
hold them close
and hide them
under my
"wings"

Happy
17th
Birthday
Michael

I'm
proud
of
the young man
you are

I love you, kiddo.

No comments:

Post a Comment