Saturday, December 31, 2016

#364/366--3

Obviously
everyone
loves
their mom

but

there are
certain things
about my mom
that
Lauren, Michael, and I
find
endearing

about
my mom

one of those
qualities
is
that
she cannot just come
for a visit

she
finds something
to be done
and
...she does it...

This visit
she noticed
that
the handle on my
storm door
was broken

Sometimes,
these
...endeavors...
turn out to be
...more...
than she bargains for
She thinks it's a big deal
when it doesn't turn out
the way she thought
but
it's actually
quite
funny


Mom and I
also
had
lots of
one - on - one
time
because
the kids
were
constantly
on
the
go
working
and
socializing

bonding time
margarita time



From
a
...Mom Perspective...
I know
that
I am always
trying to
take care of
my kids

and

I'm a
nurturer
listener
adviser
encourager
by
nature

I try to
help my kids
probably
more than
they need it
or
more than they want

It comes naturally to me

As an adult child
sometimes
it's easy to
lose perspective
that your parents
are still in
that
"Parenting"
mind - set
and
it truly
cannot be
...shut off...

I'm learning
...that...
with
these teenagers
of mine
who
think they are grown
but aren't

I know
that
I have more
wisdom
and
experiences
and
I want to
protect them
and
provide for them

and
learning to let go
is difficult

I have to keep this in mind
with
my own mother
and
extend
a little
grace
and
thanksgiving
to her
because
she
still
takes care of me

sometimes
when
I don't want to be
...taken care of...

and so
...Mom...
I'm sorry
for
the past
thirty - something years
for thinking
that
I know better than you

Thank you, Mom
for
baking
cooking
paying
fixing
advising
encouraging
visiting
and
continuing to
extend your wing
over our family

You are
one
amazing
strong
intelligent
persevering
wise
woman
I love you, Mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment