Tuesday, February 19, 2013

#50/365--Unexpected Visitor, #2

...I open my classroom door...
...to a bright, smiling face...
...she hands me a gift bag...
"...what's in here?" I ask...
...to which she replies...

"...my hamster!!"

Of course, I'm thinking,
how cute--one kid
brought his live hamster yesterday
so she is bringing
her stuffed hamster today....
...but...
...inside...
...there is movement..
...scratching...
...bedding...
...and a live creature...
...guess you can't see it...
...but underneath the pink bedding...
...and pink mitten...
was
actually
not a hamster...
but...
.a.white.mouse.

You can't make this stuff up....
...and this...
...is why...
...I teach...


1 comment:

  1. It also looks like you squished a snake under the bag!

    That is totally hilarious. Do mom and dad know that pinky is gone from home?! Is there a snake at home waiting for it's breakfast?!

    ReplyDelete