Tuesday, November 1, 2016

#306/366--A Month of Thankfulness

I've said it before
and
I'll say it again
and
It's been said to me

...we should always be thankful...
and
...never take anything...
or
...anyone...
for granted

but

life
always
seems
...to get the best of me...
and
I get carried away
by
the
demands
schedules
appointments
due dates
grading
lesson planning
parenting
laundry
groceries
car repairs
yard work
housework

...and...

I forget
to
be
grateful

I can usually
feel it
...in my soul...
right about
this time of year
which
happens to coincide
...perfectly...
with
the month of
November
which
happens to hold
the holiday of
Thanksgiving

and
so
...for me...
it's the perfect time
to
refocus
on the
...important things...
in life
regain my footing
look up
look around
breathe in
breathe out
and
offer up
prayers of
Thankfulness

In order to
...guide...
my blog posts
I'm gonna follow
...this model...
(which I found here:

Today,
I am thankful for...

Smiles

I was looking
through
all my pics
trying to decide
how to best
"illustrate"
smiles

That's a tough
...and yet easy...
thing
to
put into
...a picture...

A smile
indicates
that
one is
happy
pleased
amused
filled with joy

The corners of your mouth
turn upward
...sometimes even exposing...
dimples
and
teeth

...Smiles are 
contagious...

Just looking
at all
of my people
smiling back at me
in the photos
made me
...smile...
at the memories
and
the
special place
that each person
holds in my life

I couldn't
hone in
on
just one
photo
so
I made
a collage of smiles
They say
that
it takes fewer
...muscles...
to smile
than it does
to frown

and

You're never
...fully dressed...
without one

If you are
...wearing one...
it makes people
...wonder...
what you are up to

Every time
 you smile at someone
it is
an action of love,
a gift to that person,
a beautiful thing.
(Mother Teresa)

I feel the love.

Today,
I am thankful for
the many
smiles
...in my life...





No comments:

Post a Comment