Sunday, November 13, 2016

#317/366--Thankful, Day 12

Happiness

If chocolate doesn't
...make you happy...
I can't even
talk to you

My sweet friend
Nicole
is having her
first child

and

this
was her
baby shower

A chocolate tasting!!

We got a lesson on
where chocolate
...comes from...

...this...
is a
dehydrated
cacao pod
and
it's where
cocoa beans
grow
and
ferment


the container
on the left
contains
cocoa beans
in their purest form
and
they tasted
kind of
nutty 
the container on the right
had two jellybeans

we used those
to learn how to
...use...
our sense
of smell

Then
we tasted
9
different
levels
of
chocolate

from white chocolate
which had
25% cacao
to a
darker chocolate
that had
70% cacao

It was very interesting
to let the
chocolate
melt
on the roofs
of our mouths
and
talk about
the different
nuances
we could taste

I felt like
a true foodie

then
we got to taste
bon-bons


this one
was
filled with
habanero pepper
and
chocolate
ganache
  
it was really
...warm...

Nicole
opened her gifts
and
I cried 
because
I miss my
Sweet Nicole
and
My Tuesday Girls

We did life together
for so many years
and
then
our paths
took us in
different directions

It was good
to see
everyone
again
...it had been...
too long


Then
there was this
dinner
at the favorite
with
the favorites

and
sibling
playfulness 
which
of course
ended in
them
hating each other
(just like every other time)

When they wake up
they will
love each other again

Happiness

Joy

For
all of this
I
am
thankful





No comments:

Post a Comment