Monday, January 19, 2015

#18/365--Cost-Benefit Analysis

Grounding your child
...or more to the point...

-- what to ground your child from --

can produce
...a multitude of responses...
that range from
mild-mannered
quiet acceptance
to
long-drawn-out
kicking and screaming

yes
even
teenagers

you have to weigh your options
Is it worth it?
Does he/she deserve it?
Will they learn from it?
Will I learn from it?
What am I teaching him/her?

because
sometimes
the tantrums
-- especially teenager tantrums --
are simply
too much to bear

...and they know that...
...which is why...
they throw the fit
in the first place

it's some sort of
...game...

...to...
yank at your heartstrings
(you mean old mom...
...it's not fair...)

push you to your limits
(how many times...
...can I beg to use my electronics...
...before she lets me use them...)

and
test the boundaries
(how many times can I act this way...
...before I make Mom's head spin...
...and vomit spew out of her mouth?)

...somehow it's harder...
dealing with
...the Terrible Teens...

But, rest assured
they
eventually
...acquiesce...

and
quietly sit down
to play
...literal games...
with you


...and this...
unplanned
...family time...
far out weighs
those
temporary
...outbursts...

...until...
the next round
#standyourground




No comments:

Post a Comment