Saturday, January 3, 2015

#2/365--Writing Goals and Playing Games

Most of you
...know...
that
my passion is
...writing...
and
for a long time
I've considered taking
...some sort of...
writing class
but
I've always been
...afraid...

To be honest,
I haven't wanted
to take that risk
because
...it's scary...
and
I'm not
"famous"
and
I don't have
"a platform"
and
...just who do I think I am, anyway??

...I journaled in high school...
and
...writing became my lifeline during...
my divorce
because
my kids were young
and
I needed a place
where
I could
"get out"
all that was
...inside me...
without
...scarring them...
thus
my notebook
became
my best friend

I wrote
prayers
emotions
beginnings to stories
(which were just
my daydreams of
how I wished my life
had turned out)
more prayers
letters
and a few
...poems...
but
nothing I would EVER
...think...
about showing
...anyone...
because really
...just who do I think I am, anyway??

Skip a few years
and
here I am
...blogging...
a - picture - a - day
...which...
has really
...opened my heart...
to that passion
to be heard
to share
...to take a risk...

so
...this happened...
...I registered for...
a writing course
online
to
"find my voice"

It's the beginning of the year
and
what better time
to dream
and
set goals?

...and then...
later in the evening
I coerced
some friends
into playing
my favorite
card game
...which became...
another goal for us
...future game nights...
#morephase10



No comments:

Post a Comment