Thursday, January 1, 2015

#365/365--New Year, More Pics

   This was the
...first year...
in my memory
...that I haven't...
been with my kids
on
New Year's Eve
...which...
made for an
...adult's only night...
and
was fun

....really...

but
at midnight
...when I texted my kids...

and
neither responded
my
heart
sank
because
...I missed them...

2015
will be
...a significant year...
for our family

...because...

Lauren
will be graduating
...and...
spreading her wings
and
...flying...

and
Michael
...will be learning how to drive...
thus
gaining
...some independence...
(pending a show of responsibility)

which
puts me closer to
...an empty nest...

which means
...all the more pics...
...and documenting...
of our
...crazy lives...

which means
...all the more...
eye-rolling
deep sighing
and
"Mom! No pics!"

One day, they will appreciate
...my pictures...


Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment